Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Couple Quick Dreams

03-11-06

Last night I had a dream that I was still in high school. We were near the end of the semester and I hadn't gone to Calculus for months and hadn't done any assignments. I was worried about how I was going to get caught up. Its strange that I still dream thinking that I"m still in high school.

04-08-06

I had a dream that I somewhat remember. I was returning home. I still hadn't been released and I was having trouble speaking in English with people. I kept saying things in Portuguese and getting frustrated. I would greet people saying, "Boa Tarde." It was pretty frustrating.

***
Even now I often have dreams that I'm still in high school and haven't gone to a certain class or any class for months and there is a test coming up or the semester is ending or what not. I also have a lot of dreams where I am in high school and because I can't remember my class schedule and don't know what class I should be going to, or that I can't remember which locker is mine, or what my locker combo is.

The dream about returning home must have been prophetic, because that actually happened when I came home. For weeks I had trouble speaking English and would accidentally say lots of things in Portuguese. Sometimes I would say sentences in Portuguese without realizing it, only finding out by the confused expressions or someone telling me that it wasn't English. The little things like greetings or saying thanks, the cordialities were the hardest, they would just come out in Portuguese and I felt like an idiot saying those things in public places.

No comments: