Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Halloween Transfer

09-12-05

Today I had a stomach ache and felt like if I continued walking I would throw up. So about 6:00 when we didn't have any more appointments until 8:00 we stopped by (eheh, I wanted to say stopped by in casa) went to our apartment. We laid down for a little while to let my stomach have a little time to get better.

I set my watch to go off at 7:45 in case I slept. I fell asleep and had a strange dream. We were missionaries and I was with Elder M. Souza. It was strange because we were sleeping in the dream as well.

For some reason there was some kind of emergency transfer (on a sidenote, it was Halloween). A bunch of missionaries were together in our house ( I think it was the zone). The zone leaders were leaving to receive the phone call and were saying that everybody needed to be back in the house by 10:00. It seems like Elder Graehl was one of them and said that Elder M. Souza and I could just stay in the house/apt. (It seems like it was in the centro of Campinas). I said, 'No, we have an appointment at 8:00.

He tried to convince me to let Elder M. Souza continue sleeping so that he wasn't tired for his first big meeting the next day or something like that.

But I said, "No, we have to go to this appointment." And so we got up and got ready to leave. We were going down the steps to leave when Bruno was going up. It seems like he was looking for Elder Xavier. We left the building and I woke up.

It was 7:50. My alarm hadn't gone off. I had set it for A.M. But I woke up, ready to leave to go to our appointment with Jaque at 8:00.

***
Elder M. Souza was the missionary that I was training at the time I had this dream. The centro (downtown) of Campinas was my first area, but I was in Matão at the time of the dream. Elder Graehl was a missionary I had known from the beginning of my mission that was my zone leader when I was in Campo Limpo Paulista, but at the time of this dream he had been home from his mission for about 3 months. Bruno was a person that I taught in the centro of Campinas. He was a very odd guy that we had to teach like a little child, teaching things simply and repeatedly for him to understand and remember. He was baptized three days after I left the area. Elder Xavier was the new missionary that was trained in Campinas right after I left, so he taught Bruno the new member lessons.

No comments: