Tuesday, August 12, 2008

4th of July in September

9/29/07

OK I remembered some dreams. The first that I remember is that it was the 4th of July. the family was going to have a BBQ at some park later in the day. I was with Matt and we were sitting in a store or mall or something just waiting and wasting sometime.

I went into one of the stores and ended up buying a season of CSI on DVD and a bag of flour tortilla shells because I was hungry and decided to munch on them. As I was coming out I noticed I didn't have any shoes on. I looked back and realized that I had taken them off by the checkout counter. So I went back and grabbed my shoes.

After awhile I decided I'd go home to drop off what I had bought. I told Megan that she needed to move her car or something so that I could park in the right place. She said something about having to stop by at Laura Metcalf's. I went inside to drop my stuff off and everybody was there eating spaghetti. They decided to cancel the BBQ because it was gloomy outside.

I got really upset because I wanted a BBQ and definitely didn't want spaghetti. I stormed out of the house, but for some reason had spaghetti in my mouth, because I started spitting it out in my anger just to make a mess.

In another part of my dreams I was laying in my bed with my pants on. I felt something in my pocket pushing into my leg. I pulled it out and it was a light blue plastic Easter Egg. Then I reached in again and pulled out a chunk of a peanut butter chocolate Easter Egg. I wondered how long it had been in there and ate it. I later went upstairs for breakfast and noticed that everyone was eating a bag of cereal that I had bought and it was almost all gone.

Later, I was at work and I was downstairs shifting. In the large empty section I found an envelope addressed to Sergio from Elder Verissimo. I opened it and there was a letter and some pictures. I didn't get around to reading the letter, even though I wanted to. I wanted to see if it said anything about whether or not Sergio was going to church.

But I did look at the pictures. They were of Elder Verissimo and his companion, whose name was Elder Jackson. They had pretty long bleached hair. They were in street clothes eating churrasco. I wondered if he was wearing a wig to have fun in the picture, but somehow knew that it was their actual hair. I wondered why they were breaking mission rules by having long hair, and having bleached hair. Somehow I saw them at their house and Verissimo was telling his companion that they needed to start following the mission rules.

I decided to get up and write down a few notes about the dream so that I could sleep some more, but remember it enough to write the dream down after getting up. It turned out that every time I tried writing it down I was still asleep and my arm or body was actually on the other side of the bed and not writing notes about the dream. I tried probably about 5 or 6 times before actually waking up.

No comments: