Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Invisible Elder

12-24-07



Ok, I was in some kind of odd complex that this is the best way I can think to draw it. The top picture is the ground level from a top view. There was like a courtyard area or something outside of a stadium;track type thing. There are entrances on each side. I~m not sure what exactly is in the center on the ground level, maybe just grass. Across from the entrance on each side are stairs that go up a floor. You can walk around pretty much the whole area up there and some parts are kind of like a grocery store. Behind the stairs on each side is a large circular room. Then farther along on the opposite side of the room are stairs that lead into another circular room which is an entertainment sort of room. Thinking about it the upper circular room must have been a kitchen type area because it had a refrigerator. The second drawing is the top floor from an aerial view and the third drawing is a side-view of the whole complex.

So in the dream it seemed like Rawleigh Greenhaughl and Jared Hansen and some other guys liked to hang around in these circular rooms of the west side (left side). At one point I was walking around the track on the outside and came across this girl and started talking to her. She was kind of upset that some other guys in one of the circular rooms upstairs wouldn't let her take any milk from the fridge (which she needed for some reason) and they were also mean to her. I guess we had walked out the courtyard area, because we talked with Derek there as well.

It seems like we were confined to this area and weren't supposed to leave, but I was apparently on good terms with the person guarding the door to leave the compound and was trustworthy enough for him to let me leave and buy some milk. I came back and found the girl at the bottom of the stairs on the east side and Derek was apparently upstairs having some conflict/argument with some guy up there, because he had tried to take milk from one of the fridges or something. Anyways, it sounded like it was about to turn into a fight. So I hurried up the steps as Derek was pretty much calling him on, and as I was getting up I heard the other guy say that he wasn't going to fight him. As I was finishing running up I told him that that was a pretty good idea. However, when I got up I could only see Derek and started to talk to him.

I found out that the person he was arguing with was invisible. I guess I was also a painter. As we talked to this guy he said that he had confidence that I could still paint him through feeling him and listening to descriptions. We found out that he had been a missionary and had been home for a month. I asked him if his companions were always looking over their shoulders for him. He said, "no," but that being introduced to people was funny because they were always looking somewhere near him, but not at him thinking that they were looking at him. Somewhere in the conversation he also mentioned that he sometimes walked around naked, because nobody could see him anyway.

No comments: