Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Dangerous Place For An American

08-12-05

I had a strange dream last night. I don't really remember a lot of it. I was here in Brazil on my mission. I don't remember if I was companions with Elder Mendes or Elder Choy or somebody else. It seems like I was in Campo Limpo, but not exactly how it really is.

Something bad had happened, something really bad; but I don't know what it was. It was something that was international. I think there must have been something bad happening between the U.S. and Brazil. For some reason there was a strong hatred towards Americans from most Brazilians. Brazil was a dangerous place for an American to be.

It seems like there must have been a lot of deaths of Americans in Brazil. Somehow I got a phone call from my worried dad warning me not to go out that day, that it was a dangerous day. I think that that day I stayed in, but due to the desire to serve and fulfill my mission I continued the missionary work the next day.

However, I did so somewhat in fear and trying to somewhat hide. It seems like I prayed for help and protection many times. I was wishing that the people would realize that I had nothing to do with whatever had happened. I was trying to continue working and hide that I was American. I was hoping that I had tanned enough or that I spoke well enough that they didn't realize that I was American. I remember making a contact on the street but at the same time fearing that he had some kind of weapon. It seems like he had a knife and was going to try to hurt/kill me, but because of what I said in the contact he changed his mind.

I don't really remember much else. It was pretty strange, though. I felt like one of the sons of Mosiah, trying to help people that hated me and wanted to kill me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you had this dream after that guy stole your watch? (I think you told me it was your watch).

guaxinim said...

no, that didn't happen until about 8 months later.