Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Learning to Fly... Sort Of

4-19-07

I didn't dream this last night, it was quite awhile ago, but something I still remember and feel like writing down. Its one of those dreams that I learned how to fly (kind of).

In this dream I was messing around doing those heel clicks, trying to see how many time I could click my heels before landing back on the ground. At one point I was running and I jumped down some stairs and was clicking my heels as fast as I could. Just before I was about to touch the ground I popped up in the air a few feet. I started going back down again, but continued clicking my heels. A couple feet from the ground and I popped up a few more feet into the air. The secret to flying was really fast heel clicking. I started to get pretty good at it, controlling where I was going, how fast I would go up and down, etc... At one point I was counting my heel clicks well into the hundreds, but I wasn't going really high up at this point. It was almost like I was hovering above the ground, kind of like opposing poles of a magnet. I wasn't ever touching the ground, but sometime I would come fairly close, but I was always pushed back up a few feet. However, I was never just standing in the air, it was kind of an unsteady hover since I would go up and down a little bit based on my heel clicking speed.

Sometimes I would click my heels and get really high into the air and stop and start falling really fast and would start clicking my heels a little before the ground to slow down. It was a big rush, but still dangerous. I felt disappointed when I woke up and realized I couldn't actually fly by clicking my heels.

I had a Heroes dream about a month or so ago. I don't remember much anymore though. It seems like it was in the future. Sylar was going to kill Isaac. Parkman showed up and it seemed like he was going to try and save Isaac. However, he got a cold expression on his face and then shot Isaac. In some part of it Peter got hurt pretty badly by Sylar and then turned invisible and ran away and hid. That's about all that I can remember of that dream right now.

No comments: