Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Choose Your Own Ending

07-06-05

Monday night I had an interesting dream. I don't remember it very well. I was in grandma and grandpa's house/neighborhood. In this dream/nightmare there was some kind of monster or demon that I had to find a way to kill. He was coming after me and nothing seemed to work; not a shotgun, not even a grenade. A little bit into the dream I realized something important. I realized that I was dreaming. I remember thinking, "I've already dreamed this dream. I don't remember very well what happens, but I know that in the end I win. I remember that it was difficult and extremely scary. I don't remember how, but I know that in the end I win." I remember that when I had dreamed it before it was long and took awhile to discover how to kill him.

So in the middle of this dream/nightmare I just decided that I didn't want to continue the dream. I was able to realize that I was dreaming and take control. I don't remember what I dreamed afterwards.

***
So I guess you can have fun and decide how the dream should end. I had a similar thing happen once, that I don't remember very well. But it was a dream that involved some house robbers in my neighborhood. I realized early on that I had dreamed this before and that at the moment the people were robbing the house of someone down the street and around the corner. So I decided to call the police to end it before it escalated to what happened the previous time I dreamed it. Then the butterfly effect happened in my dream. Somehow, the robbers were able to intercept and cut off the phone call to the police which led them to have a personal vendetta against me. It was a really cool, intense dream, but unfortunately I never wrote it down and don't remember the details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read somewhere that dreams are more likely if you wake up 3 hrs earlier than normal, stay awake for about an hour, and then go back to sleep. I'm going to try that tonight, see how it goes.