Friday, April 11, 2008

"I Gave Them The Name Of My Piñata"

04-07-04

I think that in my dream my family was going to go on a bike ride, so I needed to get a bike. It seems like I decided to borrow a bike from the University of Utah. I remember being on the bike in the Marriott Library. I think I was playing around with the bike, making it bounce because of the shocks.

I also remember seeing a little kid (about 1 or 2 years-old) eating a blue ice-cream shake. He made a really big mess with it. It seemed like there was blue ice-cream everywhere. So I went to get a napkin for the mom, but when I got back she had it all cleaned up.

The next part of my dream that I remember was at Riverview Jr. High. For some reason I was on a school bus over there, and it drove around and dropped us off by the playground. Maybe we had just come home from a field trip. I was going to just walk home because I live close to the school, even though I guess school wasn't out yet. I was just starting to go when I ran into Derek Hofmann. He wanted me to watch what Heather McEwan was doing for some reason. It seems like she was trying to jump all the way down some stairs. She kept doing it, I guess seeing how many times she could. I think I remember her or someone saying she had done it 8 out of 30 times. She was wearing a night gown or over-sized pajama shirt or something. I don't know why, but it seemed fun to watch.

The next part of my dream that I remember seems like it was a mix of Smallville and Tru Calling, or maybe Clark was having an experience like when he got the phone call from Lana in the future. I was Clark in this part of the dream, or maybe I was just observing him, I'm not sure. I/Clark knew about something that was going to happen to Lana later this day. I think it might have had somthing to do with a robbery. I told Whitney about it, and gave him some instructions on how to help her. I also let him borrow my truck. Apparently I had tipped the Police off about it, too. Because I remember calling my dad/Jonathan and telling him that. I told him not to worry though, because, "I gave them the name of my piñata" so that they wouldn't suspect it was me and find out about my abilities.

----------------------
For some reason this has always been my favorite dream. I think it has to do with the "I gave them the name of my piñata" part. Just a little footnote for those that don't know much about Smallville or Tru Calling. Tru Calling was a show where this person would repeat days to prevent a death. In season 1 of Smallville Lana (the girl that Clark has always liked) dated Whitney. Clark's dad, Jonathan, was always worried that someone would find out about Clark's ability and he'd be in danger. When I dreamed this it seemed so logical to give the police the name of my piñata, which I guess means I had a pet piñata. When I was writing this down, I was just free-writing as I remembered and I got to that point and started wondering what was I thinking in this dream. Why would I have a piñata with a name? And why would I use that name to give to the police?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe there were certain things that happened in between the events that you could recall that you forgot when you woke up. It's funny to think that there could have been a lot of things that you "experienced", but when you woke up, you just couldn't remember. They're tucked away somewhere in your memory. Maybe remembering them would make things even more jumbled.

I think the ultimate experience would be to participate in someone else's dream. After someone's asleep, you can enter their dream. It seems like it would be a lot like a video game. You couldn't go outside of the "map", and you could only act according to rules their brain allows. That would be a good Sliders episode eheh just kidding.