Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Crawling Race

Many of my dreams seem to have recurring elements or themes. I often have dreams that I'm still in high school, but can't remember my locker combo, or can't remember my schedule, or I haven't been to class all year long and I have a test coming up, etc... Often times in my dreams my vision is restricted. Maybe everything is just all blurred, or maybe I can't open my eyes all the way or at all. Most often I can't lift my head, so I'm looking at the ground the whole time, unable to see much except through periphery vision. Sometimes my legs seem really week, or really heavy and it is really hard to walk or run.

Once when I was about 9 I had a dream that I was in a crawling race. I was going really slow and couldn't understand what was hindering me. The next thing I know I'm falling off the top bunk, hitting the wall, bouncing off the bottom bunk, bouncing off the wall again, and landing on the floor. I guess that while in this crawling race I actually got up and started crawling and I was tangled up in the bed sheets making me crawl really slow.

No comments: