Monday, April 7, 2008

Worst Than a Nightmare

Nightmares are pretty scary, but I would rather have an intense, adrenaline pumping, awesome nightmare than an extremely boring, long lasting dream. Sometimes when I get really into a game or a subject I spend the whole night dreaming out scenarios of that (like scrabble or sudoku or physics problems, etc..) These can be pretty boring, especially if they continue all night long.

However, the most boring dream I ever had happened when I was about 8 or 9. I was sick with the stomach flu this night and I fell asleep and slept for a full night without waking up. But the whole time I was asleep I was having the same dream. The whole dream consisted of rows upon rows of toy soldiers (like nutcrackers) marching in place. I watched them just march in place for hours upon hours. I was so bored and even tried to wake up, but couldn't. I just continued watching them march in place. Watching Andy Warhol's "Empire" would be more interesting than this dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eating galanthamine and melatonin supposedly enhances your dreams. The only natural source of galanthamine is daffodils, but as for melatonin:

Huang-qin
St. John’s wort, flower
Fever few, green leaf
Fever few, gold leaf
St. John’s wort, leaf
White mustard seed
Black mustard seed
Wolf berry seed
Fenugreek seed
Sunflower seed
Fennel seed
Alfalfa seed
Green cardamom seed
Tart cherry fruit (Montmorency)
Flax seed
Anise seed
Coriander seed
Celery seed
Poppy seed
Milk thistle seed
Tart cherry fruit (Balaton)
Feverfew, fresh leaf
Feverfew, dried leaf
Almond seed
Pimpinella peregrina, dried root
Sunflower seed
Fennel seed
Lemon verbena, young plant
Balm mint, young plant
Green cardamom seed
Art cherry, Montmorency, fruit
Anise seed
Tall fescue seed
oat seed
Indian corn seed
Rice seed
Red radish root tuber
Japanese radish , stem and leaves
Tomato fruit
Ginger tuber
Banana fruit

Anonymous said...

I often have those same kinds of boring dreams when I'm sick. They don't make sense, they keep repeating, there seems to be some kind of unsolvable puzzle, and they never seem to end. I wonder exactly what happens to the unconcious mind when someone is sick.